Thursday 8 April 2010

There's no such thing...

...so the saying goes...as bad publicity. Here's hoping that that's true since although I'm usually quite at home designing posters, writing copy and generally publicising concerts, I have to admit that attempting all of the above in Dutch (and the Flemish version of Dutch at that) is something of a new experience for me! Bruges kindly offered to display some posters and leaflets for our concert, so assisted by the Dutch-speaking colleagues of clarinettist Jen, we've sent some of these off to Belgium, ahead of us:
Hopefully the inhabitants (and tourists) of Bruges will get the gist and arrive in their droves to admire our music-making! The culture department also sent me a link to their events website where you can upload the details of forthcoming events. Being fairly technology-minded, I thought that I'd give it a go and, a few hours later, including completing numerous forms in Dutch and registering for an account, success! Click here to see our concert, advertised in the Bruges events diary...I think that I even managed to get the date right!

So...hopefully we might get a bit of an audience for our concerts...well...at least in Bruges!

No comments:

Post a Comment